Choosing the Right Benzene Attorney
- By : Admin
- Category : Uncategorized
- Comment : 0
Benzene is a colorless liquid carcinogen and has been linked to several types of cancer. Unknowingly breathing in benzene vapors may cause immediate death or prolonged exposure could cause any variety of several types of cancer. Speak to a lawyer that specializes in benzene cases if you or someone you care about has been exposed and subsequently diagnosed with cancer.
Types of Benzene Lawsuits
Most benzene attorneys handle, at minimum, the following types of benzene lawsuits:
* Acute Myelogenous Leukemia (AML)
* Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma
* Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia
* Myelodysplastic Syndrome (MDS)
* Myelofibrosis and Myeloid Metaplasia
* Aplastic Anemia
* Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia (ALL)
* Hairy Cell Leukemia
* Multiple Myeloma
* Thrombocytopenic Purpura
* Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia (CML)
* Hematologic Cancers
Choosing a Benzene Attorney
Choosing a benzene attorney is an important task. As with any lawsuit, you need to know your lawyer has done their homework and has experience working with your type of case. An experienced benzene lawyer will inherently have more answers to your questions and likely have more success with your case.
Ten Questions to Ask Your Benzene Attorney
* Can you give me an estimated dollar cost including all fees and expenses in handling my case? Obviously you’re going through a rough time in your life; you do not need to worry about your lawyer ripping you off.
* Do you work on a contingency fee basis? Most benzene-related cancer patients are worrying about treatments and doctors; they do not need the additional worry of lawyer payments or lump sums.
* Can some of the legal work be done by a junior attorney or paralegal at a lower rate? If your lawyer is more expensive than you are prepared for, look for possibilities that may lower the rate.
* How much experience do you have with cases such as mine? You want this answer to be a high number. The more experience the lawyer has with benzene cases, the better your chances of positive absolution.
* Will you aggressively pursue a reasonable settlement or will you be passive in receiving whatever is passed down? You need to be sure your lawyer is going to do everything in their power to get you the compensation you deserve.
* According to your experience, what possible outcomes might I expect? A lawyer who’s had other benzene cases can rely on that knowledge to give you an estimated outcome.
* Can you tell me about how long it will take to resolve the case? The lawyer won’t be able to give you exact numbers here, but a ballpark figure should be feasible.
* Are there several alternatives in resolving my case? Benzene cases often have a variety of outcomes available. Your lawyer should be able to give you a few ideas of possible outcomes based on their previous experience.
* Will you keep me informed on progress involving my case, if so, how? Your benzene lawyer will have your contact information including address and telephone number. If you prefer a telephone call and they offer a letter, be sure to ask if a telephone call is an option that’s available to you.
* Will others from your office also be working on my case? If the answer is yes, you may want to speak to each individual partner, junior attorney or paralegal to make sure they understand the case.